TRA Luncheon – May 17, 2012
Thursday, May 17th – Cool Springs Marriott
11:30a – 1:00p
Often times our ability to inspire change or get something done hinges on our own reputation both internal and external to our organization. Unfortunately, thinking about how we grow and manage our personal image falls to the bottom of a long list of priorities–if it’s on the radar at all and yet, much of our career growth and success depends on it.
This session challenges participants to evaluate the quality and power of their personal brand and discover steps to leverage their brand for even greater results and rewards within their current role.
How You Will Benefit:
- Discuss the importance of personal marketing and managing your image or reputation with clients, peers, superiors, and subordinates.
- Create a plan to educate others and communicate your value with intention.
- Leverage your reputation to gain buy in to your initiatives.
- Learn ways to elevate your visibility to position yourself to offer greater value for greater rewards within your organization.
What You Will Learn:
- Identify ways to manage clients, managers and our peers without overstepping our bounds.
- Explore techniques to earn more responsibility while increasing our level of influence.
- Legitimate ways to gain recognition of the value of our achievements.
- Brainstorm ideas for addressing challenges with managing our image within any organization.
Who Should Attend:
Leaders at all levels who are interested in learning to make the most of the opportunities available within their current position.
Jennifer Way is a national speaker, author, and consultant on employment issues, specifically attracting, growing, and retaining top talent. She is the founder and Hiring Strategist for Way Solutions, a consulting firm that provides employment tools and resources to companies and job seekers alike. She consults with Fortune 50 to small start-up companies and creates solutions that make the effort of the hiring process more successful and improves the workplace for everyone. Way’s clientele includes Disney, Microsoft, Honda, PNC Bank, Dr. Pepper, and many more.
Jennifer frequently speaks, blogs, and consults on behalf of CareerBuilder. She authored their Recruitment Development Institute curriculum, a learning solution for recruiters, hiring managers, and HR professionals. She recently finished writing their Leadership Development Institute curriculum, a series on practical leadership for managers at every level.
She also serves as a Senior Advisor for Aspen Search Advisors, providing strategic consulting services to sustainable and responsible companies moving toward “green” recruiting practices.
Prior to her current company, she served as a Director of Recruiting for marchFIRST, National Recruiting Project Manager for KPMG, and led all of field recruiting for Dollar General Corporation. Jennifer has a bachelor’s degree from Ferris State University and is awaiting the public release of her book, Hire Evolution, expected early of 2012.